ASA Grading System
It classifies the physical status of the patient preoperatively and assess how the patient will tolerate the anaesthesia.
- ASA 1 – Normal healthy patient
- ASA 2 – Patient with mild systemic disease
- ASA 3 – Patient with severe systemic disease
- ASA 4 – Patient with mild systemic disease that is a constant threat to life
- ASA 5 – Moribund patient who is not expected to survive without the surgery
- ASA 6 – Declared-brain-dead patient whose organs arebeing removed for donor purposes